GRANTSVILLE — The Maryland State Highway Administration has begun a project to clean and paint eight bridges in Garrett County.
Most work will occur below the bridges; however, daytime single-lane closures could happen Mondays through Thursdays between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m., and Fridays from 6 a.m. to noon. SHA will provide variable message signs, drums and arrow boards to guide motorists through the work zone. The projects should be completed by fall, weather permitting.
Titan Industries of Baltimore was awarded the $1.2 million contract to work at the following locations.
• State Route 38 over the North Branch of the Potomac River in Kitzmiller.
• Water Street over the Youghiogheny River in Friendsville.
• East and westbound spans of Interstate 68 over Water Street and the Youghiogheny River.
• Frost Road over I-68 near Grantsville.
• U.S. Route 219 over I-68 in Grantsville.
• East and westbound spans of I-68/U.S. 219 over Shade Hollow Road in Grantsville.
Maryland now features free traveler information by calling 511 or 855-GOMD511 or go to www.md511.org. Questions about the bridge projects may be directed to SHA’s District 6 Office at 301-729-8400 or 800-760-7138.
SHA recently announced road work and bridge projects in Allegany County as well with a $3.3 million contract for improvements at the U.S. Route 220/I-68 interchange. SHA will spend $879,000 for bridge paintings in the county and $850,000 to upgrade traffic barriers in both Allegany and Garrett counties.
Buying or selling real estate in Garrett County or Deep Creek Lake, Maryland? Call Jay Ferguson of Railey Realty for all of your real estate needs! I take great pride in referrals, and I assure you, I will take great care of your friends, family & colleagues!
877-563-5350 - toll free